• Antonio Puente – European Commission
• Mariusz Baldyga – European Commission
This workshop will introduce the Second Pillar of the new EC policy “Digitising the European Industry”: leadership in platforms for digital industry. The objective is ensuring the availability of state-of-the-art open and interoperable platforms that any business can use to make its products, processes and services ready for the digital age.
More specifically, platforms must support the needs of European Industry for safety, standardisation, scalability, transferability and integration of robotic technologies from multiple suppliers, maintenance, and upgrade throughout the entire production chain and over the whole product lifetime.
The workshop will consists of:
• An introduction to the concept of digital platform by the EC and how it can help digitising the European Industry and making it more competitive.
• Presentations on three potential digital platforms by selected experts
• A debate about which robotic platforms would be needed to support “Digitising the European Industry” as well as how these concepts can contribute to the Roadmap of European Robotics.
Agenda of the workshop
14:00-14:05 : Welcome
14:05-14:20 : Digitising the European industry: Platforms – EC representative
14:20-15:05 : Presentations by speakers on
• Robotic operating systems (presented by expert to be confirmed)
• Platforms for human-robot collaboration: collaborative robotics and safety (presented by expert to be confirmed)
• Humanoids as robotic platforms (presented by Dr.Giorgio Metta – IIT)
10:05-10:25 : Round table: what needs to be solved in the next 5 years?
10:25-10:30 : Wrap-up and conclusions