• Anne Bajart – European Commission
• Bjoern Juretzki – European Commission
• Magdalena Szwochertowska – European Commission
This workshop will introduce a pillar of the new EC policy “Digitising the European Industry”: filling the skills gap and preparing the workforce for the digital transformation of the industry.
It will more specifically cover the topic of automation and robotics, and how the wide development of those technologies will deeply transform the job market and the work environment in the coming years.
Digitisation will create the need for new highly specialised skills but will also imply the re-skilling of a significant part of the workforce. The work place organisation and structure will as well be impacted by those changes, such as Human-Machine interaction and cooperation for example.
Agenda of the workshop
14.00 – 14.10
• Digitising the European industry: Digital Skills and Workforce – EC representative
14.10 – 15.10
• Of mice and men: jobs in the digital age – Prof. Nicolas van Zeebroeck, Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management
• Robotic systems in manufacturing: Empirical insights on employment and productivity effects – Angela Jäger, Christian Lerch, Cornelius Moll, Fraunhofer ISI
• Implications of Human Robot Collaboration on workforce qualification – Dr Klaus Petter, KUKA College
15.10-15.30 : Round table; Wrap-up and conclusions