Patrick COURTNEY, tec-connection, Germany
Laboratory Robotics is a neglected application of robotics which nonetheless is a European strength worth some €3bn pa with valid business models and rapidly evolving needs and enabling a number of industries.
This workshop will:
• highlight current state of the area – needs and trends
• present current strengths, e.g. liquid handling
• present current needs, e.g. materials handling
• present results from ongoing projects
• bring suppliers users and technology group together.
The session will further contribute to the white paper on laboratory robotics in Europe and the Roadmap of European Robotics.
Agenda of the workshop
10.45 : Opening comments Patrick Courtney
10.50 : Transferring liquids with a robot – How hard can it be? Ian Shuttler, Head of Strategy, Tecan, CH
11.10 : Robot Scientists, the Replication Crisis, and Cancer, Ross King, University Manchester UK
11.30 : Robot hands: from lab to kitchen, Rich Walker, Shadow Robot, UK
11.45 : Food robotics – automating skills, Koorosh Khodabandehloo, Business and Manufacturing Consultancy
12.05 : Panel discussion