As in all previous annual ERFs, the Opening Session is an opportunity to shed light on “the state of robotics” by forecasting disruptive innovations made possible by scientific developments, identifying needs from demands in economy, industry, and society, while keeping the focus on Europe and European collaboration.
The Welcoming Notes pay tribute to Slovenia, her innovative and highly developed industrial and scientific standards, supported by a modern and efficient economy, and its important role within the European Union.
This year the Panel will discuss the opportunities for building “digital” environments where industrial and service robots are integral parts, such as in manufacturing and processing industries, transport, health and environment, smart cities and regions. The panel will collect opinions and suggestions for guiding the European Roadmap on Robotics as developed within SPARC, the partnership between euRobotics and the European Commission.
- Dr Maja Makovec Brenčič (Slovenian Minister for Education)
- Zoran Stančič (Head of the European Commission Representation in Slovenia)
- Jasper Wesseling (Directorate-General for Enterprise and Innovation,
Ministry of Economic Affairs, The Netherlands) on behalf of the Dutch Government in function of the current Presidency of the Council of the European Union
- Markku Markkula (President, Committee of Regions)
- Khalil Rouhana, (European Commission, DG CONNECT, Directorate A)
- Bernd Liepert (President of euRobotics aisbl and CINO of KUKA)
- Mady Delvaux (European Parliament)
- Matteo Fusari (European Investment Bank)
- Jasper Wesseling (Directorate-General for Enterprise and Innovation, Ministry of Economic Affairs, The Netherlands)
Moderator: Stuart Freeman
Followed by the official opening of ERF2016, announced by Bernd Liepert, President of euRobotics aisbl.